● Highly efficient: 105 dB 1W / 1M
● Fully horn-loaded, full range, three-way system with a patented folded-horn 15" woofer delivers powerful low frequencies
● 2" midrange and 1" tweeter compression drivers.
● Capable of extreme output levels with ultra low distortion and astonishing dynamic range
● Available in a high-quality Cherry, Walnut or Black Ash wood veneer finish
Audio pioneer and
company founder Paul W.
Klipsch launched the
in 1946 to enable
people, for the first
time ever, to experience
the power, detail and
emotion of a live
performance at home.
Commonly called a
corner-horn speaker, the
Klipschorn includes a
highly efficient horn
loaded tweeter and
driver. Its patented
folded-horn 15" woofer
delivers powerful low
Considered a watershed industry event, the introduction of the Klipschorn set the standard for high sensitivity, wide dynamic range, low distortion, and smooth frequency response. These principles, which drive the creation of every single Klipsch loudspeaker, are what make the Klipschorn as sought after today as it was decades ago.
As the only speaker in the world to be in continuous production for 60 years, the Klipschorn has remained relatively unchanged since its inception. In 2005, the company made some minor cosmetic and functional revisions to this legendary speaker, including the elimination of the inset collar, or spacer, between the upper and lower cabinets for a cleaner aesthetic appearance. A horizontal wall seal was added to improve the low frequency horn's response accuracy.
Available in a cherry, walnut or black ash wood veneer finish, the Klipschorn reflects a level of high-quality workmanship that will never go out of style.
● BUILT FROM: 1946
● CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: HF: 4500 Hz
● MF: 450 Hz
● DIMENSIONS: 50 .75 H (128.91 cm) x 31.25 W (79.38 cm) x 28.25 D ● (71.75 cm)
● ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: Birch Plywood & MDF
● ENCLOSURE TYPE: Fully horn-loaded
● FINISHES: Walnut Lacquer, Cherry Lacquer, Black Lacquer
● FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 33Hz-17kHz(+-) 4dB
● INPUT CONNECTIONS: 5-way binding posts / Bi-wire capable
● MAX ACOUSTIC OUTPUT: 121dB SPL
● MAXIMUM ACOUSTIC OUTPUT: 121dB SPL
● MID FREQUENCY HORN: Exponential Horn
● MIDRANGE: K-55-X 2" (5.08cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver
● NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms
● POWER HANDLING: 100 w max continuous (400 w peak)
● SENSITIVITY: 105dB @ 1watt/1meter
● TWEETER: K-77-F 1" (2.54cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver
● WEIGHT: 175 lbs unboxed
● WOOFER: K-33-E 15" (38.1cm) Fiber-composite cone / horn-loaded with a trihedral exponential folded
● £6,995.00 each £13,990.00 a pair (2016)